5:41 PM
0

Actress Devayani was once on top in Tamil films in the nineties. She has starred opposite the likes of Vijay and Ajith in a good number of films. Known as an actress of substance, she acted opposite the likes of Livingston. She could not, however, bag any film(s) opposite Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan but starred along side the latter in films like Thenali and Panchathanthiram.

"Tamil films have undergone vast changes I'd only act in films provided I get good roles; otherwise, I'm quite happy with my stint on small-screen," says Devayani. For the past more than five years, Devayani has been 'ruling' the small screen with her mega-serials on air on television channels. Given the Tamil audience's penchant for watching mega-serials without any feeling of boredom, the likes of Devayani have become busy on small screen.

In a casual chat with presspersons recently, she said "I'm starring in a solitary film titled Thirumathi Tamizh. The film deals with how the society behaves in various circumstances. Though I have been getting many offers, I'm not agreeing to many of them as the roles appear insignificant in the context of the films. Tamil films have undergone a sea-change. I never thought new films and film-makers' trends would have changed so drastically.

"I'd sign up films only if the role has some substance in it. Though I debuted in films more than 15 years back, the fans are still patronizing me for which I shall remain forever grateful to them. Wherever I go, the Tamil fans treat me like their sister and as a member of their families. Therefore, I feel committed to Tamil Nadu and Tamil fans. I concentrate a lot on small-screen as it offers more liberties than cinema to convey many things," concludes Devayani.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

POPULAR POSTS